Special service for expatriates living in Munich area

Hier werden verschiedene Girokonten, Zahlkarten und weitere Finanzprodukte vorgestellt und besprochen
Antworten
jonasfitz
Site Admin

Special service for expatriates living in Munich area

Beitrag von jonasfitz » 12. Mai 2019, 15:55

For all expatriates living in or near Munich I offer personal help finding the finance products that best suit your needs. Many people who come to Germany to live and work will open a giro account at some brick-and-mortar bank just after arriving. However, these often need to charge higher fees than online banks ("Direktbanken") do, as traditional banks have higher costs like maintenance of their many branches.

This is where my expertise comes into play:
Due to my experience with many German and foreign banks, I can give you advice. If you are unsure which bank to choose, I'll help you find the best, as
I have got hands-on experience with literally dozens of bank accounts, securities accounts and prepaid/debit/credit cards.

In order to find the best product for you, we'll follow a simple routine:

Requirements
a.) Make sure you are (full-time) employed for more than six months
a.) You officially live in Germany, Austria or Switzerland
c.) You don't have negative records with the major Credit Bureaus

If you meet those requirements, you are eligible to open a new account at one of the banks I recommend you.

In order to speed things up, please follow the simple steps below before you make an appointment:

1.) Register at this forum. You may switch the board language to English in the first step (top-right)
2.) Get your SCHUFA credit report
3.) Make sure you have a valid passport or ID card
4.) I also need to see your proof of residence ("Meldebescheinigung")
5.) Copy of latest three months' proof of income ("Lohn-/Gehaltsabrechnung")
6.) Drop me a message in order to make an appointment in Munich (Schwabing West)

How you can benefit
You'll get a combination of giro accounts with very good conditions, such as:
  • No account maintenance fees
  • Install an overdraft facility optionally (6,9% interest rate p.a.)
  • Free credit card with 0% foreign exchange fees (plus no hidden costs that come with some banks) if you manage to move at least 700€ to your account each month (your wage should do the trick)
  • Free giro/maestro(VPAY) cobadged card
  • Emergency services in case you lose your credit card abroad (card or cash will be sent to your place of choice)
  • Possibility to draw cash from ATMs worldwide, for free (very good currency exchange rates)
  • Deposit cash in some specific ATMs or in supermarkets
  • Optionally rent a bank locker in the center of Munich (very competitive prices starting at ~40 Euro p.a.)
  • Install a credit of up to 25.000 Euros for emergencies. Totally free of costs until you need to use it, in which case very good conditions apply (5,99% interest p.a. at the time of writing)
  • You can keep your account for a lifetime. Even when moving to another country, you can keep your acount with it's great conditions.
  • optionally open a free securities account and start improving your financial wellbeing.
Even after I helped you choosing the best combinations of finance products, you will get help here in smart-upstart forums - whenever you need it.

We speak German, English and even Croatian (even though at the moment I recommend you use English or German in order to get faster replies to your questions).

Switching your account to another bank is easy and can save you lots of money in the long term.
Feel free to participate in the forums and contact me whenever you need help.

I will charge a small flat fee of 20 € for our meeting. Charge will be waived if you let me publish your SCHUFA report on my website (personal details being blacked out, of course). You may pay cash or by card.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Girokonten, Zahlkarten etc.“