- no account management fees
- withdraw cash at German supermarkets (REWE, LIDL, DM etc.) for free
- deposit cash at German supermarkets (1,5% fee)
- deposit cash at DKB-owned ATMs for free (e.g. in Munich)
- free VISA credit card with 0% FX fees* (supports offline PIN)
- Google Pay supported (apple pay to follow)
- free VPAY/girocard
- interest rate of 0,2% p.a. for VISA funds*
- optionally: overdraft facility (approximatel three times your monthly income)
- optionally: installment loan (conditions are quite competitive)
- lifetime account: keep DKB cash current account even when moving abroad
- secure online banking utilizing a chipTAN generator
- optionally: open giro account for your underage children
- optionally rent a very well protected locker at BayernLB in Munich
- optionally: open a securities account and start investing (for retirement etc.)
In my opinion, DKB offers one of Germany's best current accounts. They charge no account management fees and offer a real credit card which covers most user cases (Cardholder Verification Methods support offline PIN).
The downside, however, is that DKB is quite picky when it comes to accepting new customers. During application process, your SCHUFA scores are checked. So if you really want to become a DKB customer, be sure to know your SCHUFA credit ratings.
If you just recently moved to Germany, follow my advice in order to increase your chances to get a DKB current account:
- before applying, be sure you lived in Germany for at least six months
- be sure to have SCHUFA records (phone contracts or current accounts will help you build a good SCHUFA history)
- no installment loans in your current SCHUFA record
- you are employed for at least six months
- the higher your monthly income, the better
- You are at leat 18 years old
- You are an employee
- German (plus Austrian plus Switzerland) place of residence
- passport or any other official ID
- prove of residence if not shown on your ID ("Meldebescheinigung" in Germany)
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
In case of rejection, wait a few months and try again. Or ask me for advice, maybe I can help you.
-->Open your DKB Cash account by following this link<--
Need help? Just ask - I'm glad to help!